High-contrast images can be challenging to process. How do you both darken highlights and lighten shadows, without making the image look too flat, weird, or over-processed?
In this live webinar I’ll demonstrate how to tackle this challenge as I take you step-by-step through processing one or more high-contrast photographs. You’ll learn powerful yet simple techniques for balancing contrast, while keeping the image lively and natural-looking. Here’s a partial list of the topics we’ll cover:
• Using Lightroom’s HDR Merge
• Choosing profiles for high-contrast images
• Balancing highlights and shadows with the Tone sliders
• Setting white and black points
• Using the Masking Panel to further balance the contrast, direct the viewer’s eye, and bring the shadows to life
• Reducing halos along high-contrast edges
People who sign up for the webinar will be invited to submit images to be considered for this demonstration, and I’ll use one or more of those in the webinar. And if you can’t attend live, the webinar will be recorded for later viewing.
Lightroom Webinar: Processing High-Contrast Photos
This webinar took place on August 23rd, 2023, but you can still purchase the recording and see everything!